Unknowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barb/Tank/Vit build

2 posters

Go down

Barb/Tank/Vit build Empty Barb/Tank/Vit build

Post  Big Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Barbarian Common Stat Builds

TANK/VITALITY BUILD

This is the traditional, and honestly the most effective barbarian build, both PvP and PvE wise. The high HP will give you more survivability in general, which is much more effective than a couple extra Str points, which is considered the "PvP" build, but since you have a 75% damage reduction in PvP, str is essentially useless.

Here is how you wanna roll:

Stat Allocation:

STRENGTH: You want 3 strength per level. This is a must. Every single level you add 3 strength, no more, no less.

DEXTERITY: MOST people go for a base of 49 for the most common endgame weapon. Calloused Lionheart Hatchets(you can find these in the southern archosaur forges). At level 100, depending on how you play, with all of your endgame gear, you can choose to go with either 60 dexterity (recommended for the little extra crit and acc/evasion) or 80 (depends on your play style, this is more viable with higher refined gears, since you can afford to lose a little bit of health points). There is no real need to add a certain amount of dex per level. with my own barb, I decided to get my end game required dex by level 60. Its up to you.

Vitality: Your most important Stat Point as a tank barbarian. Every extra stat point you have you dump here. Eventually, once your dexterity is at where you want, you will be adding 2 vitality and 3 strength every level.

Now, you ask, whats so good about a tank build?

1)High HP 2)Extremely high spike damage with Perdition (one of our 2 spark ultimate skills) 3)High survivability in PvP and PvE 4)Solo AoEing becomes very easy.

Cons: There is none really. You are a Barbarian, and will never hit as hard as any other class except with your Perdition, no matter how many points you pour into Strength, I consider this build the most effective.

The less common, Strength Build!

Even though I don't agree with barbs who go full strength, I will still post a guide for those of you who are intrigued about this build. ^.^

Stat Allocation:

DEXTERITY: No matter your level, This you want capped at 80 as strength build. The added accuracy,evasion, and critical hit rate are essential to strength built barbarians.

VITALITY: This is up to you. Some Strength barbarians go with 5 base vitality, some go with 50. i would recommend to go with 50 base vitality, as the extra Health Points really do help alot.

STRENGTH: whatever is not in vitality or dexterity, goes in here. This will maximize your damage output in both PvP and PvE

Pros:

1) Higher damage with your skills 2) You miss a lot less (if you go with 80 dex, which is extremely recommended) 3) You kill quicker than Vitality built barbarians

Cons: 1) You have gimped the only thing you have going for you as a barbarian: your Health Points.

2) You have gimped your most powerful skill Perdition which is possibly the highest hitting skill in Perfect World.
3) You have extremely low survivability. 4) You will not be on the top of the list for Twilight Temple or Rebirth Runs, nor will you be asked to help tank World Bosses.

This build is not the best for barbarians, as a Previous Str/Dex barb for PK (player killing) I have to say I enjoy vitality a lot more, and my damage wasn't gimped as much as I thought it would be. If you want high damage output as a melee class with decent HP go roll a medium vitality blademaster.

Razz Razz
Big
Big

Back to top Go down

Barb/Tank/Vit build Empty Nice, and I would agree

Post  SirLucian Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:11 am

Big, Nice explanation of the two builds. I would agree completely with you on the vit build barb or "Tank" build barb. That is what barbs were made for and is what is needed. Good job.

Also I will place this as a sticky so its at the top of the forum and will continue to do that for all well done class builds.
SirLucian
SirLucian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barb/Tank/Vit build Empty Re: Barb/Tank/Vit build

Post  Big Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Sorry i forgot someting Very Happy

Tanker (Recommended Build)

Armor: Heavy VIT = all points left over STR = follow equipment requirements DEX = follow equipment requirements.

Tanker (Recommended Skills)

True Form, Flesh Ream, Roar, Alacrity of the Beast, Invoke the Spirit, ShapeShifting Intensify.

Only Tank in Tiger mode not in Human mode if u need to rebuff makesure u use Invoke the Spirit (reduces damage by 90%) b4 u come out of the Tiger mode.

Tiger Mode Play style.

1)SPAM Flesh Ream to make the target attack you and not your party members or use Roar if there are multiple target you have to tank, Roar is not strong like Flash Ream it will be nice if u have Alphamale skill on your Genie to hold aggro lill longer wen your Roar are in cool down.
2)Use Invoke the Spirit wen Tank strong Mobs, Solid Shield is a usefull skill on your Genie wen Invoke the Spirit is in coolsown.
3)Activated Beastial Rage to build up Chi for skills, Best to use it after Invoke the Spirit, Usefull skill on Genie is
Cloud Eruption
4)Use Sunder to recover lost HP.
5) Alacrity of the Beast Whenever an enemy is casting a skill (especially magic) quickly use Alacrity of the Beast to cancel them.
6)Also use Frighten if the mobs are tough/dealing a lot of damage to your party.
7)Use Surf Impact once in awhile to reduce the mobs' speed in case they choose to run away from you and attack your party members. That way, you will have more time to lure the mobs back to you.

Well i hope this will help you more to protec you and your party member. Very Happy
Big
Big

Back to top Go down

Barb/Tank/Vit build Empty Re: Barb/Tank/Vit build

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum