Unknowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veno Builds

Go down

Veno Builds Empty Veno Builds

Post  SirLucian Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:51 pm

This is only my opinion but here it goes for Veno's. My main is a 101 Light Armor veno with a +10 Neon Purgatory

There are generally two types of veno builds, Arcane and Light Armor (LA)

Veno’s in general

Veno’s are not cheap characters to play initially. To be an effective veno you should strive to get your legendary pet(s). A Herc is a must and in my opinion so is a Nix. This is a very expensive proposition though. However after the initial investment of your pets, Veno’s become very inexpensive to play. They tend to have little to no hp food or mana food costs. Repairs are minimal. They tend to be grinding machines with a legendary pet and can make a lot of coin grinding. Also with a Herc, soloing TT becomes fairly easy for many of the bosses and you can make coin selling mats, and save coins getting your own mats for your weapons and gears. Veno's are really the only effective class in PWI for soloing most things. In fact they are advertised as just that. However neither build makes us tanks and it is important to remember this. It is important that we not take aggro from our pets, We are to help kill the mob with our pet tanking and not the other way around.

Arcane Veno's

Arcane is the most common build for veno's We are a magic base class and of course Arcane suits us better. It also is arguably the cheaper way to go with a veno. I will explain why later in the LA section of this post. Arcane’s tend to take aggro from their pets more often so you should be careful not to. Change into fox form and hit the target with an amp damage then change back and start hitting it with your damage skills. This will give your pet time to build up some aggro on the mob. The point of a pet is to take the damage and you assist killing it not the other way around. Should place at least 3 points into magic and share the other 2 between strength and vit. Only put points into strength so that you can wear your weapon the rest goes into vit and magic.

Light Armor Veno's

Due to the high strength and dex needed to wear Light Armor. LA Veno’s tend to have to nerf their magic considerably so they can wear it. Why is this a problem. Well your pet heals are based on your magic damage and since LA Veno’s have less magic they have less heal ability. So to make up for this LA Veno’s need better weapons and better refines and of course better weapons and much higher refines cost a lot more coin hense my reasoning that arcane is cheaper build then LA. If you can afford the higher costs though I would recommend LA. They tend to be able to survive better then their arcane counter parts and since we tend to be out soloing much of the time, being able to take a few more hits is advantageous. Allocations of points are bit more tricky with LA. It is important to know what your light armor requirements are and meet those requirements. One nice thing about the strength requirment for light armor you will always have enough strength to carry your weapon. General rule but be careful is 2 points to magic, 1 to vit, 1 to strength, and 1 to dex. Should you need more in a particular area take from vit. You tend not to need as much vit and you can make up with citrines later. Although you may not cause as much damage being LA your crit rate has increased due to the extra dex. Keep this in mind, because if you crit too many times you may find that you will take aggro from the pet. I have hit a 121k crit and two shots later hit a 131k crit, although rare it is possible and when it does happen dont expect your pet to keep aggro.

Concerning your legendary pets.

For your Herc unlearn only pounce and replace and level it with bash. Arguebly the better aggro keeping skill due to its faster hit rate. Do not unlearn any other skill that comes with the herc only pounce. Can level the herc easily in room 4 of the cube.

For your Nix do not unlearn anything comes only with 3 skills so learn fleshream and level it. Can level the nix easily just south west of Tideborn on the ? flying mobs.

The above two builds are hybrids and are not considered pure builds. Personally never cared for pure builds. I have found that pure builds are great for PVP but are not that great for PVE and lets face it most of this game is PVE. Better to survive with a bit of extra HP then to die causing more damage.

I hope this helps but there are many ways to make your character. I wrote this just to give you a guide, so have fun and good luck with your veno.
SirLucian
SirLucian
Admin

Back to top Go down